In recent years, Kenya has witnessed a significant transformation in the way milk is distributed and sold. One innovative solution that has gained immense popularity is the Milk ATM vending machine. These state-of-the-art machines offer a convenient and hygienic method of purchasing fresh milk directly from the source. In this article, we explore the concept of Milk ATM vending machines, their benefits, and how Tassmatt Limited is leading the way as an accredited seller of these machines in Kenya.
What is a Milk ATM Vending Machine?
A Milk ATM vending machine is an automated self-service dispenser that allows consumers to purchase fresh milk in a hassle-free manner. Similar to an automated teller machine (ATM) for cash withdrawal, these machines provide a quick and efficient way to access milk. The concept has revolutionized the traditional milk distribution system, ensuring better quality control and convenience for both farmers and consumers.
Benefits of Milk ATM Vending Machines:
- Quality and Freshness: Milk from the vending machines is sourced directly from local dairy farmers, ensuring freshness and superior quality. Consumers can enjoy pure, unadulterated milk with confidence.
- Hygiene and Safety: Milk ATM vending machines are designed with strict hygiene standards in mind. The machines are made of food-grade materials, and the milk is stored in airtight, refrigerated containers to maintain its freshness and prevent contamination.
- Convenience and Accessibility: These machines are strategically placed in various locations, making it convenient for consumers to access fresh milk whenever they need it. Whether it’s a residential area, shopping center, or educational institution, Milk ATMs provide easy access to milk throughout the day.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Milk from vending machines is often priced competitively, offering consumers an affordable option for high-quality milk. Additionally, the machines allow consumers to purchase the desired quantity, reducing potential wastage.
Tassmatt Limited: Leading Accredited Sellers of Milk ATM Vending Machines
Tassmatt Limited is at the forefront of the Milk ATM revolution in Kenya. As an accredited seller, they offer high-quality, reliable, and technologically advanced Milk ATM vending machines. With their expertise and commitment to customer satisfaction, Tassmatt Limited has gained a reputation for providing top-notch machines that meet the needs of both dairy farmers and consumers.
Ordering a Milk ATM Vending Machine:
Whether you’re a dairy farmer looking to expand your business or a consumer seeking a reliable source of fresh milk, Milk ATM vending machines offer a revolutionary solution that combines convenience, hygiene, and quality. With Tassmatt Limited as your trusted partner, acquiring a Milk ATM vending machine in Kenya has never been easier.
Tassmatt Limited’s Commitment to Excellence:
Tassmatt Limited is dedicated to delivering excellence in every aspect of their service. Their team of experts understands the unique needs of the dairy industry and works closely with customers to ensure their specific requirements are met. By choosing Tassmatt Limited as your supplier, you can expect:
- High-Quality Machines: Tassmatt Limited sources and supplies Milk ATM vending machines that are manufactured to the highest standards. These machines are built to withstand the demands of daily use, ensuring durability and longevity.
- Comprehensive Support: Tassmatt Limited goes beyond simply selling machines. They provide comprehensive support throughout the entire process, from installation and training to ongoing maintenance and technical assistance. Their knowledgeable team is always available to address any concerns or inquiries that may arise.
- Customized Solutions: Tassmatt Limited recognizes that every dairy business is unique. They offer personalized solutions tailored to your specific needs, whether you’re a small-scale farmer or a large dairy operation. Their expertise allows them to recommend the most suitable machine capacity and configuration for your business requirements.
- Timely Delivery: Tassmatt Limited understands the importance of timely delivery. They strive to ensure that your Milk ATM vending machine is delivered promptly and efficiently, minimizing any potential downtime for your dairy business.
The Ordering Process:
Ordering a Milk ATM vending machine from Tassmatt Limited is a seamless process designed to make your experience as convenient as possible. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Visit the Website: Head to www.tassmatt.com, the official website of Tassmatt Limited, where you will find detailed information about their range of Milk ATM vending machines, including specifications, features, and pricing.
- Select Your Machine: Choose the machine that best suits your requirements. Consider factors such as capacity, display options, and additional features that may enhance the functionality of your Milk ATM.
- Place Your Order: Once you have made your selection, simply follow the instructions on the website to place your order securely. Alternatively, you can contact Tassmatt Limited directly via phone at +254 726410068 to discuss your needs and initiate the ordering process.
- Installation and Training: Upon delivery, Tassmatt Limited will provide professional installation and conduct comprehensive training for you and your staff. This ensures that you are fully equipped to operate and maintain the Milk ATM vending machine effectively.
Embrace the Future of Milk Distribution:
Milk ATM vending machines are transforming the way dairy products are accessed and distributed in Kenya. By partnering with Tassmatt Limited, an accredited seller of these innovative machines, you can be confident in the quality, reliability, and support you will receive.
Unlock the potential of your dairy business and offer consumers a convenient and trustworthy way to access fresh milk. Visit www.tassmatt.com or call +254 726410068 today to order your Milk ATM vending machine from Tassmatt Limited and join the growing community of dairy entrepreneurs who are revolutionizing the milk industry in Kenya.
Common Frequently Asked Questions With Answers On Milk ATM Vending Machine In Kenya
1. What is a milk ATM vending machine?
A milk ATM vending machine is a machine that dispenses milk on demand. The machine is equipped with a refrigerated storage tank that holds fresh milk, and it dispenses milk through a nozzle after the customer inserts cash or uses an electronic payment system to purchase milk.
2. How much milk can a milk ATM vending machine hold?
The amount of milk a milk ATM vending machine can hold depends on the size and capacity of the machine. However, most milk ATM vending machines can hold from 100liters of milk and costs around 80,000Kshs according to Tassmatt Limited.
3. Can I operate a milk ATM vending machine in rural areas?
Yes, you can operate a milk ATM vending machine in rural areas, as it can increase access to affordable and safe milk in areas where access to fresh milk is limited.
4. How does a milk ATM vending machine work?
A milk ATM vending machine works by dispensing milk through a nozzle after the customer inserts cash or uses an electronic payment system to purchase milk. The machine is equipped with a scanner that reads the customer’s payment, and it then dispenses the amount of milk that the customer has purchased.
5. What are the benefits of using a milk ATM vending machine?
There are several benefits to using a milk ATM vending machine. These include:
- Convenience: Milk ATM vending machines are located in convenient locations, such as supermarkets, shopping malls, and petrol stations. This makes it easy for people to purchase milk on demand.
- Freshness: Milk ATM vending machines dispense fresh milk that has been pasteurized and homogenized. This ensures that the milk is safe to drink and that it has a long shelf life.
- Affordability: Milk ATM vending machines offer milk at competitive prices. This makes it a more affordable option for people who want to purchase fresh milk.
6. What are the drawbacks of using a milk ATM vending machine?
There are a few drawbacks to using a milk ATM vending machine. These include:
- Cost: The cost of purchasing a milk ATM vending machine can be high. However, the cost of operating the machine is relatively low, so the overall investment can be recouped over time.
- Maintenance: Milk ATM vending machines require regular maintenance to ensure that they are operating properly. This can be a time-consuming and costly process.
- Security: Milk ATM vending machines are a target for theft. This is because the machines contain large amounts of cash and milk.
7. What are the different types of milk ATM vending machines?
There are two main types of milk ATM vending machines:
- Single-serve machines: These machines dispense a single serving of milk at a time.
- Bulk machines: These machines dispense larger quantities of milk, such as 1-liter or 2-liter cartons.
8. What are the different payment methods that can be used to purchase milk from a milk ATM vending machine?
The most common payment methods that can be used to purchase milk from a milk ATM vending machine are cash, mpesa and credit cards.
9. What are the different milk brands that are available from milk ATM vending machines?
The milk brands that are available from milk ATM vending machines vary depending on the location of the machine. However, some of the most common brands include Brookside, KCC, and Diamond Fresh.
10. What are the different milk flavors that are available from milk ATM vending machines?
The milk flavors that are available from milk ATM vending machines vary depending on the location of the machine. However, some of the most common flavors include whole milk, skim milk, and chocolate milk.
11. What are the different milk sizes that are available from milk ATM vending machines?
The milk sizes that are available from milk ATM vending machines vary depending on the machine. However, some of the most common sizes can range from 100ml to as 40ltr
12. What are the different milk prices that are available from milk ATM vending machines?
The milk prices that are available from milk ATM vending machines vary depending on the brand, flavor, and size of the milk. However, some of the most common prices range from Ksh. 10 to Ksh. 550.
13. Where can I find milk ATM vending machines in Kenya?
Milk ATM vending machines can be found in various locations in Kenya, including supermarkets, shopping malls, and petrol stations. You can also find a list of milk ATM vending machines in Kenya on the websites of the milk companies that operate the machines like www.tassmatt.com
14. How do I know if a milk ATM vending machine is safe?
There are a few things you can look for to ensure that a milk ATM vending machine is safe. These include:
- The machine should be clean and well-maintained.
- The milk should be stored in a refrigerated environment.
- The machine should have a tamper-evident seal on the milk container.
15. What should I do if I find a milk ATM vending machine that is not safe?
If you find a milk ATM vending machine that is not safe, you should report it to the milk company that operates the machine. You can also contact the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) to report the machine.
16. What are the future trends for milk ATM vending machines in Kenya?
The future trends for milk ATM vending machines in Kenya are promising. The increasing demand for fresh milk, the growing popularity of healthy living, and the rising urbanization in Kenya are all factors that are driving the growth of the milk ATM vending machine market.
17. What are the challenges facing the milk ATM vending machine industry in Kenya?
The challenges facing the milk ATM vending machine industry in Kenya include:
- The high cost of purchasing and operating milk ATM vending machines.
- The lack of awareness about milk ATM vending machines among consumers.
- The security risks associated with milk ATM vending machines.
18. What are the opportunities for the milk ATM vending machine industry in Kenya?
The opportunities for the milk ATM vending machine industry in Kenya include:
- The growing demand for fresh milk.
- The rising popularity of healthy living.
- The increasing urbanization in Kenya.
19. What are the recommendations for the milk ATM vending machine industry in Kenya?
The recommendations for the milk ATM vending machine industry in Kenya include:
- The government should provide incentives to milk companies to invest in milk ATM vending machines.
- The milk companies should educate consumers about the benefits of milk ATM vending machines.
- The milk companies should work with security companies to reduce the security risks associated with milk ATM vending machines.
20. What is the future of milk ATM vending machines in Kenya?
The future of milk ATM vending machines in Kenya is bright. The increasing demand for fresh milk, the growing popularity of healthy living, and the rising urbanization in Kenya are all factors that are driving the growth of the milk ATM vending machine market. With the right investments and support, the milk ATM vending machine industry in Kenya has the potential to grow significantly in the coming years.
Operating a supermarket can be challenging, especially when dealing with perishable goods such as milk. To address this concern, the owner of a popular supermarket in Githunguri, Mr. Kimani, recently reached out to Tassmatt Limited for their expertise in supplying and installing a milk vending machine.
Tassmatt Limited is a professional company renowned for providing high-quality and cost-effective automated solutions for small and medium-sized businesses in Kenya. With their in-depth knowledge of the dairy industry and experience in vending machine installations, Tassmatt Limited was the perfect partner for Mr. Kimani’s project.
The primary requirement of the project was to install a 400L Milk ATM capacity machine, capable of supplying fresh milk to customers around the clock. The machine is equipped with an interactive display and a convenient payment system that accepts various payment methods, including cash and mobile money.
The Tassmatt Limited team worked diligently and completed the installation within the agreed-upon timeline. They ensured the machine was fully functional, met all safety regulations, and had adequate provisions for cleaning and maintenance.
Now, customers of the Githunguri Supermarket can get fresh and pure milk whenever they need it, without queuing in long lines. This convenience has made the supermarket the talk of the town, thanks to the efforts of Tassmatt Limited.
To provide a premium experience, Tassmatt Limited trained Mr. Kimani’s staff on the machine’s operation and the proper maintenance of the milk ATM. This knowledge transfer ensures that the machine operates optimally and Mr. Kimani’s staff can provide prompt assistance to customers when needed.
With the Milk ATM machine now installed and operational, the residents of Githunguri can now buy fresh milk at their convenience day or night. The success of the Githunguri project has strengthened Tassmatt Limited’s reputation as a reliable and innovative provider of automated solutions in Kenya.
Moreover, the milk vending machine installed by Tassmatt Limited not only provides convenience to the supermarket’s customers but also helps to promote the local dairy industry. The machine provides an opportunity for small-scale dairy farmers in the region to sell their milk directly to consumers, cutting out the need for middlemen who often charge exorbitant prices, reducing the farmers’ profits.
This initiative resonates with Tassmatt Limited’s mission of empowering small and medium-sized enterprises in Kenya by providing the tools and expertise they need to succeed. By supporting local farmers, Tassmatt Limited is also contributing to the growth of the local economy, which aligns with the company’s commitment to social responsibility.
Tassmatt Limited continues to revolutionize the automated solutions industry in Kenya by providing innovative and high-quality technology solutions for various industries. The company’s reputation for quality and reliability makes it a preferred partner for businesses across the country.
The success of the Githunguri Supermarket project is a testament to Tassmatt Limited’s commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction. The project highlights the company’s ability to deliver custom solutions that meet the unique needs of each client, ensuring that they remain competitive in their respective industries.
In conclusion, Tassmatt Limited’s installation of a milk vending machine at Githunguri Supermarket has set a new standard for convenience, quality, and reliability in the dairy industry. By promoting local dairy farmers and providing innovative solutions, Tassmatt Limited is contributing to the growth of the local economy and helping small and medium-sized businesses succeed. The success of the project is proof that Tassmatt Limited is a leader in the provision of cost-effective, high-quality automated solutions in Kenya.
Tassmatt Limited’s milk vending machine installation project at Githunguri Supermarket is just one example of its commitment to providing innovative automated systems for businesses in Kenya. The company offers a wide range of automated systems, including but not limited to, cooking oil atms, kerossene atms, water vending machines, and water purification systems in Kenya.
Tassmatt Limited prides itself on the professional expertise, quality of service, and customer care it provides to its clients. The company’s team of experienced engineers and technicians works closely with clients to understand their needs and provide customized solutions that meet their specific requirements.
The company’s comprehensive knowledge of the local industry, coupled with its focus on quality and reliability, has earned it a reputation as a leader in the provision of automated solutions in the region. Tassmatt Limited also offers aftersales support, including maintenance and repair services, to ensure that the installed systems operate optimally and meet clients’ expectations.
Tassmatt Limited’s commitment to quality and innovation has helped it establish strategic partnerships with leading global manufacturers of automated vending systems. These partnerships allow Tassmatt Limited to offer clients the latest technological advancements in vending machines, providing them with a competitive edge in their respective industries.
The company’s emphasis on social responsibility is evident in its efforts to support local industries, such as the dairy industry. By connecting small-scale dairy farmers directly with consumers, Tassmatt Limited helps to promote fair trade practices, ensure quality, and increase the profit margins of local farmers.
In conclusion, Tassmatt Limited’s successful installation of the 400L Milk ATM capacity in Githunguri Supermarket demonstrates the company’s commitment to meeting the unique needs of its clients. Mr. Kimani’s trust in Tassmatt Limited’s expertise, quality of service, and customer care further cements the company’s status as a leader in the provision of cutting-edge automated systems with emphasis on quality, reliability and efficiency.
In Kenya, a milk ATM is a self-service vending machine that dispenses raw or pasteurized milk to customers. The milk is sourced directly from dairy farmers and stored in refrigerated tanks before being dispensed through the machine. Milk ATMs have become increasingly popular in Kenya in recent years, as they offer a convenient and affordable way for consumers to access fresh milk.
Customers typically bring their own containers and select the amount of milk they want to purchase, which is dispensed into the container and charged based on the volume dispensed. The milk is usually sold at a lower price than in traditional retail stores since it bypasses middlemen and reduces transportation costs.
Milk ATMs have also helped to improve the livelihoods of small-scale dairy farmers by providing them with a direct market for their milk and eliminating the need to rely on intermediaries. They have also contributed to reducing milk spoilage and wastage by enabling farmers to sell their milk quickly and efficiently.
Here are the top FAQs on Milk ATM Machine in Kenya
- What is a milk ATM vending machine? A milk ATM vending machine is an automated machine that dispenses milk to customers who insert cash or use an electronic payment system to purchase milk.
- How does a milk ATM vending machine work? A milk ATM vending machine works by dispensing milk through a nozzle after the customer inserts cash or uses an electronic payment system to purchase milk.
- What is the cost of a milk ATM vending machine in Kenya? The cost of a milk ATM vending machine in Kenya depends on the size and capacity of the machine. However, the average cost of a milk ATM vending machine in Kenya ranges from Ksh. 70,000 to Ksh. 500,000.
- What are the benefits of a milk ATM vending machine? Milk ATM vending machines have several benefits, including increasing access to affordable and safe milk, reducing milk wastage, creating employment opportunities, and promoting entrepreneurship.
- How do I maintain a milk ATM vending machine? To maintain a milk ATM vending machine, you should clean and sanitize the machine regularly, ensure that the milk is stored at the right temperature, and perform regular maintenance checks.
- Can I use a milk ATM vending machine to sell other products? Yes, you can use a milk ATM vending machine to sell other products, such as yogurt, cheese, and butter though this will need a slight modification.
- How do I ensure the milk is safe for consumption? To ensure the milk is safe for consumption, you should source the milk from reputable and licensed dairy farmers, pasteurize the milk before dispensing, and ensure that the milk is stored at the right temperature.
- How do I set the price of milk for my milk ATM vending machine? You should set the price of milk for your milk ATM vending machine based on the cost of production, market demand, and competition.
- How do I market my milk ATM vending machine business? You can market your milk ATM vending machine business through social media, flyers, word of mouth, and advertising.
- Can I operate a milk ATM vending machine as a side business? Yes, you can operate a milk ATM vending machine as a side business, as it requires minimal time and effort to operate.
- Do I need a license to operate a milk ATM vending machine in Kenya? Yes, you need a license from the Kenya Dairy Board to operate a milk ATM vending machine in Kenya.
- How long does it take to install a milk ATM vending machine? The installation of a milk ATM vending machine can take a few hours to a few days, depending on the complexity of the installation.
- Can I customize the design of my milk ATM vending machine? Yes, you can customize the design of your milk ATM vending machine to suit your branding and marketing needs.
- How do I ensure the security of my milk ATM vending machine? To ensure the security of your milk ATM vending machine, you should install security cameras, use secure payment systems, and ensure that the machine is located in a secure and visible location.
- Can I offer discounts on milk purchased from my milk ATM vending machine? Yes, you can offer discounts on milk purchased from your milk ATM vending machine to attract more customers.
- How do I ensure the milk ATM vending machine operates efficiently? To ensure that the milk ATM vending machine operates efficiently, you should perform regular maintenance checks, use high-quality parts and components, and train your staff on how to operate and maintain the machine.
- How much milk can a milk ATM vending machine hold? The amount of milk a milk ATM vending machine can hold depends on the size and capacity of the machine. However, most milk ATM vending machines can hold up to 500 liters of milk.
- Can I operate a milk ATM vending machine in rural areas? Yes, you can operate a milk ATM vending machine in rural areas, as it can increase access to affordable and safe milk in areas where access to fresh milk is limited.
- How do I ensure the milk ATM vending machine meets health and safety standards? To ensure that the milk ATM vending machine meets health and safety standards, you should ensure that the machine is clean and sanitized, the milk is stored at the right temperature, and the machine is located in a clean and safe environment.
- How do I troubleshoot common problems with a milk ATM vending machine? Common problems with a milk ATM vending machine include power failures, dispensing errors, and mechanical problems. To troubleshoot these problems, you should refer to the user manual or contact a qualified technician for assistance.
For quality milk atm machines, you can buy and compare prices at tassmatt.com website or by contacting 0726-410068
To conduct a cost analysis on a milk ATM business in Kenya, we need to consider the various expenses involved in starting and running the business. Here are the key costs to consider:
- Milk ATM machine: The cost of a milk vending machine can range from Ksh. 100,000 to Ksh. 300,000 depending on the size, capacity, and features. A basic model that can hold up to 200 liters of milk can cost around Ksh. 150,000.
- Location: You will need to rent or lease a space to install the milk ATM machine. The cost of rent or lease will depend on the location and size of the space. In some cases, you may be able to negotiate a revenue-sharing agreement with the landlord.
- Licensing and permits: To operate a milk ATM business in Kenya, you will need to obtain a business permit from the county government and a food hygiene certificate from the Ministry of Health. The cost of obtaining these licenses and permits can vary, but it typically ranges from Ksh. 10,000 to Ksh. 20,000.
- Milk supply: The cost of milk will depend on the volume and quality of milk you require. The price of milk can vary depending on the season, but it typically ranges from Ksh. 35 to Ksh. 50 per liter.
- Utilities: You will need to pay for electricity and water to operate the milk ATM machine. The cost of utilities will depend on the consumption and tariff rates in your area.
- Maintenance and repairs: You will need to maintain and repair the milk ATM machine regularly to ensure that it is functioning properly. The cost of maintenance and repairs will depend on the frequency and severity of issues.
- Marketing and advertising: You will need to promote your milk ATM business to attract customers. The cost of marketing and advertising can vary depending on the channels and strategies used.
Based on these costs, we can estimate the total startup cost and monthly expenses for a milk ATM business in Kenya as follows:
- Milk ATM machine: Ksh. 150,000
- Licensing and permits: Ksh. 20,000
- Rent: Ksh. 15,000
- Initial milk supply: Ksh. 50,000
- Marketing and advertising: Ksh. 10,000
- Total startup cost: Ksh. 245,000
- Milk supply: Ksh. 150,000
- Utilities: Ksh. 5,000
- Maintenance and repairs: Ksh. 5,000
- Rent: Ksh. 15,000
- Marketing and advertising: Ksh. 5,000
- Total monthly expenses: Ksh. 180,000
Assuming an average selling price of Ksh. 50 per liter and a daily sales volume of 200 liters, the monthly revenue for the milk ATM business would be Ksh. 300,000. This would result in a monthly profit of Ksh. 120,000, after deducting the monthly expenses.
Note that the actual costs and revenue for a milk ATM business in Kenya may vary depending on factors such as location, competition, and market demand. It is important to conduct a thorough market analysis and cost analysis before starting a milk ATM business.
Its Saturday afternoon when the team from Tassmatt Limited delivered and installed the brand new 200L milk atm to a customer in Nairobi Kawangware, the happy customer had previous day made an order online at www.tassmatt.com and was followed by a phonecal from Tassmatt representative.
According to wikipedia, the 2009 Kenya Population and Housing Census, Kawangware’s population was 133,286 people at this time. It is estimated that 65% of the population are children and youths. Most inhabitants live on less than $2 (although they earn in shillings) a day and unemployment is high; many are self-employed traders. There is a diversity of ethnic backgrounds. Kawangware slum has more posho mills than bars, making it an ‘ugali nation’ for its over 130,000 mouths whose palates, unlike those of other Nairobians, have no time for supermarket unga, the grade-one sifted maize meal favoured by middle-class stomachs.
This according to Mr Wanjau, the investor of the new milk atm is an ideal area for milk business, the high population with low income would get affordable safe milk from as low as 10Kshs.
Mr Wanjau has setup the milk business as an add-on to his local shop that he sells common day to day household commodities.
“I am very delighted and happy, i normally don’t do online shopping by today i got a sure bet, the machine is here, its working well, the support and advice from Tassmatt team is on another level, i would recommend anyone who wants to invest on a milk atm to consult Tassmatt, they are the wizzards, am looking foward to install two other machine before August” Said Mr Wanjau
About Milk ATM Business in Kenya
The milk ATM business in Kenya has gained popularity in recent years, especially in urban areas where there is a high demand for fresh and affordable milk. Milk ATMs are essentially vending machines that dispense milk from a refrigerated storage unit. Customers can use their mobile phones to pay for the milk, which is dispensed into their own containers.
To start a milk ATM business in Kenya, you will need to follow these steps:
- Conduct market research: Before starting any business, it is important to understand the market demand, competition, and pricing. Research the local market to determine the demand for fresh milk, the competition, and the pricing of other milk products.
- Identify a suitable location: Look for a location that is easily accessible and visible to potential customers. The location should be close to residential areas and have access to a reliable source of electricity and water.
- Obtain the necessary licenses and permits: To operate a milk ATM business in Kenya, you will need to obtain the necessary licenses and permits from the relevant government authorities. This includes a business permit from the county government and a food hygiene certificate from the Ministry of Health.
- Purchase and install the milk ATM machine: Purchase a high-quality milk vending machine that is designed to dispense fresh milk. Install the machine in a visible and secure location, and ensure that it is regularly maintained and cleaned.
- Source high-quality milk: Work with local dairy farmers or milk processors to ensure a steady supply of high-quality milk. Ensure that the milk is fresh and safe for consumption, and that it is stored at the correct temperature.
- Market your business: Use social media, local newspapers, and flyers to promote your milk ATM business. Offer discounts and promotions to attract new customers, and provide excellent customer service to retain existing customers.
Overall, the milk ATM business in Kenya can be a profitable and rewarding venture, provided that you conduct thorough research, obtain the necessary licenses and permits, and provide high-quality and affordable milk to your customers
As the business of milk atm keep raising and raising, we have witnessed entrepreneurs making huge profits and maximizing existing businesses through use of milk atm machine and cooking oil atm as an addon. This has been attributed to quality standards by milk atm sellers in Kenya like Tassmatt Limited.
Victor is an entrepreneur who runs a milk ATM machine business in Nairobi. He shares a story of how he makes a monthly profit of at least Ksh200, 000.
“I am Victor and I own Milk ATM Machine in Nairobi West. I started the business in 2014, when milk was in a great demand and only supermarkets were having ATM machines.
My parents wanted me to be an accountant, but I ignored them and went my own way-that was after I graduated in 2013.
The decision to start this business was motivated by the fact that most people in Nairobi are not fond of buying packaged milk from companies like Fresha and Brookside. They believe the price of this milk is exaggerated.
I first inquired from one of the supermarkets in Nairobi how I can get a milk ATM machine. That was the time I realized even OLX (the former JIJI) has a variety of this. I went straight to OLX and searched for the machine, only to be told it was going for Ksh 200,000 at the time. The shock almost forced me to give up.
After two weeks of figuring out what to do, I decided to take a loan from Equity Bank using my title deed. Luckily, Equity offered to give me a loan of Ksh 500,000, which I used to set up my business.
In 2014, approached Kenya Dairy Board for a license .Then I went for a trading license from Nairobi County. I also took Ksh 180, 000, which I paid for my milk ATM Machine at Tassmatt Limited at their Umoja showroom.
Setting up the business cost me Ksh 350,000.
After setting up the business, the major challenge was where to source the milk. initially,I thought it was easy until I realized most people take their milk to big companies like KCC and Brookside. To convince them, I had to pay more than what these companies paid. I now source the milk from Kajiado, Limuru and Kiambu.
How I make Ksh 200,000 per month from milk atm business.
I but a litre of milk at Ksh 80 and sell at 90,making a profit of Ksh 10 per litre.i supply the milk to 4 schools,5 hotels and and also sell to individuals who visit my shop. In a single day, I manage to sell 800-100 liters of milk, which yield between Ksh 8,000 to Ksh10,00.
When I subtract my expenses, I remain with Ksh 6,000-Ksh7,500.
Advantage of milk atm business
One advantage of Milk ATM Machine is that once the milk arrives at my shop, the only work I do is to ensure it’s in the machine and the place is clean. I actually don’t have a lot of work to do”
Lesson I have leant on milk atm business
One lesson I have learnt is, in business you are not supposed to postpone anything; if you have an idea implement it, regardless of whether you have capital or not. If capital is the major hindrance, simply go for unsecured loan or look for money from friends and family members”.
Milk vending ATM machine, popularly known in Kenya as milk ATM, is an innovation for retailing milk, with automation design to dispense chilled, pasteurized, and ready to drink milk. Automation offers several comparative safety and business opportunities in milk retailing. Automation minimizes milk handling, which should enhance hygiene and assure quality and safety to consumers. Automated milk dispensing is a quicker and easier means to measure any volume of milk that a consumer may want.
An ATM is an automated facility that dispenses chilled, pasteurized, ready-to-drink milk that is sold unpackaged. The ATM offers several advantages. For the business, they eliminate packaging and processing which lower retail prices, and automated business transactions ease monitoring of sales turnover. Consumers expect ATM milk from Milk ATM to enhance hygiene and offer affordable milk of any desired volume, matching their variable purchasing capacities.
Recent economic surveys in Kenya show a steady growth in sales of processed milk and dairy products (KNBS, 2016). The demand is likely greater among urban consumers, given their higher incomes and changing dietary habits with trend towards more milk and meat. Coupled with this increase are innovative businesses that have emerged to deliver affordable pasteurized milk to consumers through dispensing machines, popularly known as ‘milk ATMs’ in Kenya.
Milk ATMs are now widespread in Kenya and are located in various strategic outlets: retail shops, farms, cooperatives, supermarkets and milk bars. As part of the growing Kenyan dairy industry, the ATM enterprises are expanding, even as safety of fluid milk remains a highly debated issue of public concern. Operating an ATM requires reliable power and a clean water supply to ensure milk quality is not compromised. Regulations require that the ATM is cleaned once every 24 hours to assure high quality of milk and to minimize loss from spoilage. If you are keen follower of our articles, you will notice that companies such as Tassmatt Limited supplies Milk ATM Vending Machines that have self cleaning capacity. A user does not need to clean it manually.
Though milk ATM is an emerging innovation in milk retailing, information about the ATM as a retailing enterprise and their value offer for quality milk is scanty. On this Milk ATM Kenya Website, we normally highlight most of our findings at a consumer and business point of view. We collect information from the raw field and this helps us to improve the quality of Milk ATM Machines manufactured and supplied by tassmatt.com in Kenya, the quality of milk too.
The growing milk ATMs retail innovation offers good business opportunities and is attracting consumers
because of the competitively priced milk they offer. The exponential growth in milk retailing through ATMs is indicative of its potential to expand the country’s level of milk processing and this expansion could reduce the
challenges of the dominant raw milk market in Kenya.
Message To Potential Milk ATM Investors In Kenya
- The milk ATM market segment has potential to be a game changer in expanding the formal milk market in Kenya.
- While the exponential growth of the ATM milk market is concentrated in a few towns; under right conditions this can expand to other towns.
- Affordability of ATM milk offers the potential of upgrading the formal milk market share, especially if quality concerns are addressed. The raw milk market is the biggest competitor for ATM milk.
- ATM milk is purchased by consumers of all income categories, but mostly by low- and middle-income earners.
- Some consumers’ perceptions of quality and safety of ATM milk impedes growth of the segment.
- The ATM milk market has stimulated a diverse business ecosystem with enormous business and employment opportunities, also for youth and women.
Development can further be boosted by policy and regulations and Business development support.
Milk ATM Machines continue to dominate the milk dispensing market in Kenya, today, Tassmatt Limited have come up with a tool to ease buyers hustle while comparing machines in terms of cost, capacity, performance and effectiveness. tassmatt.com is a new webshop in Kenya that lists milk atm machines, milk atm spare parts, milk pasteurizers, milk coolers, milk chillers and spare parts. the one stop online shop offers clients what they need in a timely and fashionable manner.
We have offers running now and then and you can get the best milk atm machine at a very cheap price while buying online. We deliver, install and train users on how to maintain, clean and handle.
Tassmatt milk vending machine has a cooler which helps keep the milk fresh for a long period of time. The milk vending machine has a PLC which performs all the technical functions of the machine which include resetting of the machine’s password, resetting the prices, checking daily and weekly sales and processing the sales as per the customer’s purchase. It is well branded making it attractive to the customers or the market target. Tassmatt milk atm machine is movable and can be transported from one area to another.
BUY YOUR MILK ATM MACHINE ONLINE VIA: https://tassmatt.com/product-category/milk-atms/
The milk business in Kenya continues to grow, this has been attributed to the recent support to dairy farming by many county governments in Kenya. The rise of milk business has seen a steady increase in milk machines like milk atms, milk coolers, milk pasteurizers and others. With the current increase on cost of living in many nations across the word, attributed to the pandemics and wars, the low income consumers continue to depend on milk especially on many African homesteads.
As the milk and milk atm machines continue to grow, Tassmatt Limited has come up with a virtual online store to help buyers choose the best milk atm machines and tools according to their budget – tassmatt.com . The website offers best deals especially with the current black Friday deals on milk atms. A buyer can simply make an order online, seek advise, compare machines and get the machine delivered, installed and commissioned at his/her desired premise. Tassmatt, according to its website, assist milk atm buyers in Kenya obtain the necessary permits for a smooth running of their milk atm business, this includes a permit by the milk industry regulator, Kenya Daily Board and the taxman Kenya Revenue Authority.
Understanding Milk ATM In Kenya
A milk ATM functions similarly to a typical bank ATM, with the exception that it accepts coins and dispensing milk (simply put). Although this is not a novel concept in Kenya, as numerous supermarkets currently provide it. With so many upcoming estates in our urban areas, as well as an abundance of raw milk from our diligent farmers, there is no reason why you should not profit from this opportunity. Let’s see how you get started with this milk dispenser business plan on how to pump good cash from a milk dispenser.
Guidelines to help you buy a good milk ATM machine.
- If you are buying somewhere else appart from Tassmatt Limited, accredited sellers of milk atm machines in Kenya by Kenya Dairy Board, check whether the supplier is approved by KDB
- Get one with an integrated chiller. Milk is a perishable item that must be kept cool.
- If importing, consider purchasing the machine in pieces to be built locally.
- In general, search for a machine that is simple to operate. Preferably one whose technology is understandable even by children.
- Look for a machine with readily available spare parts nearby, and insist on warranty coverage on all purchases. Thanks to Tassmatt Limited as you can just buy milk atm spare parts online in Kenya
Reliable supplier of milk for milk atm
Suppliers can make or break a business. If you really want to succeed in this business of milk atm in Kenya you will need to identify a reliable source of milk. On this end you have two options; you can source directly from farmers or buy from companies that sell to businesses that sell milk with ATMs. These companies distribute milk to milk ATM businesses especially in Nairobi.
The advantage of going for the latter option is that it saves you from the hustle of collecting, transporting and pasteurizing the milk. Because you actually don’t need huge volumes of milk unless you are operating a chain of milk ATMs this is the best option. The main disadvantage is that the profit margins might be a bit lower because you are buying from a supplier who has already added their mark-up.
On the former option if you be collecting transporting and pasteurizing the milk on your own. The advantage is that the milk is has more butter fat because it hasn’t been processed to remove some batter fat that is used to make by-products like ghee and cheese. On the flip side as said earlier you have to go though the hustle of collecting, testing, pasteurising and transporting the milk. For small quantities of milk this doesn’t make any economic sense.
A premises with clean drinking water
Clean water is very essential for this type of business. You need a reliable source of clean drinking water. This can be gotten from the city council water connected to that building or you buy from a clean water vendor and store it in a storage tank. The water is essential for maintaining cleanliness in the business premises and washing the milk handling equipment. As it is widely known milk is a very delicate commodity that easily gets spoil by bacteria that are either in the milk or in surfaces and equipment that handles the milk.
Food handling certificate
As seen above, milk needs to be handled in the most hygienic manner. This hygiene has to start with those handling the milk as well as their health status. To ensure that the people handling are in the right health status, they need a good handling certificate. In some counties, the business might itself must have a health certificate. Just check out with your local county offices what licences are needed for milk ATM business.
You can buy milk ATM machine online via this link: https://tassmatt.com/
Read also: https://tassmattlimited.co.ke/blog/the-procedure-of-starting-a-milk-atm-bar-in-kenya/